Job Opportunity at The Dr. Seuss Experience in Water Tower Place
Posted Mon, Oct 4
Oh, the Places We’ll Go! Kilburn Live is proud to announce the award-winning Dr. Seuss Experience is making its next stop on it’s international tour in Chicago, right in the heart of the Magnificent Mile!
The ideal Entertainment Host provides an engaging, positive environment through the art of scripted storytelling
As a member of our Seuss Experience Team, your duties will include the following:
- Ensure the policies & procedures of each experience within the exhibit is operating to standard
- Scan and redeem tickets within the experience, keeping account for room capacity and guest flow
- Enthusiastically host within & operate various elements of the Seuss Experience, all while serving as a personable, approachable, positive personality for our guests at all times
- Occasional upkeep/cleaning of experience-specific props and set pieces in alignment with design team specifications, reporting any deficiencies to relevant management.
- High School Diploma preferred
- Previous professional experience in the customer service, entertainment/events or hospitality industry preferred
- Ability to work in large-group environments with multiple staff and up to several dozen guests at a time. Public speaking comfort and experience strongly preferred
- Ability to work 20-40 hours per week including weekends, evenings and holidays
- This position requires prolonged periods of standing, walking, repetitive motions, arm waving, bending, kneeling and climbing, at time while wearing costume. All applicants must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- All qualified candidates may require passing a criminal background and vulnerable sector check