Job Opportunity at American Girl Place in Water Tower Place
Posted Wed, Jun 9
We are seeking a passionate individual who will inspire wonder in the next generation in a friendly and fast-paced environment at our American Girl Place Retail Store in Chicago, IL.
We are currently seeking passionate Salon Stylists (Part-Time) for our Salon who can be innovative and thrive in a friendly children’s retailer and fast-paced environment.
- To provide hair salon and doll salon services to customers that ensure a high-level experience at American Girl.
- This includes but not limited to answering questions, providing general customer assistance, styling Girl's hair according to company standards, resolving customer issues, conducting inventory of salon supplies, stocking area for ease of work, cleaning and maintaining work space, and communicating needs to management.
- The Salon Stylist performs a broad range of styles and must be able to work with a variety of hair lengths, types and textures.
- They must possess excellent communication skills and be able to learn the product and services knowledge necessary to effectively provide services to meet the needs of our guests.
- Current Illinois Cosmetology license for hair and nails
- Ability and experience to style hair in various styles and perform nail services
- High energy, experience in a fast-paced service environment with a passion for quality
- Organizational skills, inventory management, flexibility and corporate relationship skills are required.
- Experience working with children, preferred
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and organizational skills are essential.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity)